söndag 28 februari 2016

What is love?

Rebeca and I went for lunch down Sunset. On the way we stopped by and took some pictures by this random wall. 
Jag och min vän Rebeca var på lunch och stannade vid denna väggen och tog några bilder. 
It got me thinking of how blessed I am, and how many people I have in my life that I truly do genuinely love.
I am pretty emphatic so I would say I do love quite easily, although it takes a lot for me to say the words I love you. Not necessarily because I don't love people, but because I just simply don't want to throw the word love around too much. I often feel like it is said way too much, and I just want to put more meaning and weight to the word.  

What is love?

Definition of Love;
1. A profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person.
2. A feeling of warm personal attachment or deep affection, as for a parent, child, or friend.

So.. Is love for you an action or a feeling?

I think a lot of the times the difference in that is to know the difference between In love and love. 
Let's say you absolutely love cake. 
Does that mean you should eat it as every meal every day? ~ I would hope not, very unhealthy. 
Does that mean you will still love it when it's two months old? ~ most probably not.  Aka that is not true & unconditional love. That is based on feelings, the feelings of getting some kind of pleasure in a moment. 

Unconditional & true love is love that means that you will love something or someone no matter what. 
Obviously I think boundaries are important & healthy; but I think love, wether it is something you love or someone, gets to the point where it's a choice to take action, and not just a feeling of love and passion. Because feelings fade in different seasons. 
'Love is sacrifice' ~ a saying I believe is true in a lot of areas. You have to fight for what you love, and not always put yourself first. 

Now; I am a Christian and I want to love like Jesus does & have grace just like He has. I could quote a hundred bible verses about different perspectives of what Love is from the bible, but one that really stuck out to me was this one! 

1 John 3:16-18
This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters. If anyone has material possessions and sees a brother or sister in need but has no pity on them, how can the love of God be that person? Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth.

Mic drop. 
Haha, but seriously such a powerful word. Wether or not you're a Christian I think that it's so true that we should love like that. Not just throw the word around but to genuinely mean it when you say them, and to show your love through action even in the simplest of things, even if it's something small like an encouraging note, a prayer, making an interest in your dads hobby, buying your brother some snacks, smiling at a stranger, have lunch with your grandma, or through doing your moms dishes ~ I think it is so very important to love in every area of your life. All the people in your life are in your life for a reason. 
Life is short; make the best of it. 

And on that note, speaking about love... here are some pictures from Valentines day that I never posted! My church had a valentine's day party for all them single ladies so a few friends and I took the opportunity to dress up & have a fun girls night. It was such a fun night! 

Det står "Stå här och tänk på någon du älskar". Och det påminde mig om hur många fantastiska människor jag har i mitt liv, och hur många jag älskar. För att förklara lite snabbt av vad jag skrivit i detta inlägg så fick det mig att tänka på Vad kärlek egentligen är, och att 1 Johannes 3:16-18 förklarar det väldigt bra för mig. Att det inte handlar om en känsla, men ett val att hela tiden försöka älska människorna omkring en. 
Och på tal om kärlek... Kyrkan hade alla hjärtans dag firande för alla tjejer så jag och några vänner tog tillfället i akt och klädde upp oss för att ha en kul tjejkväll. Det var en väldigt kul kväll!
 
( iPhone pics as usual... So sorry for the bad quality. ) 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar